New York is a place….
1. you must see before it sinks (yes, Manhattan is an island and vulnerable to rising sea levels)
2. you must experience New Years eve at least once
3. with some of the world’s best street art
4. that sells the world’s most expensive hamburger ($175 at the Wall Street Burger Shoppe)
5. you could easily drop serious cash on one street (5th avenue)
6. where five different boroughs feel like five different New Yorks (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island)
7. you will very quickly learn the proper “swipe” necessary to get the turnstile to read your MetroCard
8. where purchasing knockoff’s on Canal Street can easily turn into a back alley disaster
9. where more than 47 percent of New York City’s residents over the age of 5 speak a language other than English at home
10. where the musicians who perform in the NYC Subway system go through a competitive audition process. Some of the subway musicians have also played at Carnegie Hall.